A lot of people give up on promoting a website before they ever reach its full potential. There seems to be something of a mistaken belief that we should be able to create a new website, fill it with content, and then start making a full-time income in a matter of months.
This is not the case. In fact, it is far from the truth.
Instead, it will likely take a year if not several years until you eventually reach that point. You may never reach that point and you should never take it as a given.
If you take a look at some of the biggest brands on the web and the biggest names on the web, you might think they have it easy and you might wish that you had their website. But guess what? They probably wished the same thing a few years back.
What Other Successful Websites Aren't Telling You
Most big blogs and sites will admit that it took them years before they gained traction!
Of course, there are certain things you can do to speed up the process. A number of growth hacks can really work and most of those big sites do describe there being some kind of catalyst or turning point at which they started to gain momentum – maybe they were shared in the local paper or they got a link from a big site.
These things tend to be the result of luck rather than their effort but they made that luck by continuously plugging away and by creating those kinds of opportunities.
But the single most important thing that all these sites did and that they have in common, is that they didn’t give up. If you are tempted to give up on your site because it hasn’t become massive overnight, then you will never know if you might have started to see rapid growth in the next month. Or the month after.
This is why it is so important to make sure that you are truly passionate about the topic that you cover. If you’re not, then you won’t have the drive to keep on writing even when the views aren’t there.
Our Top 10 Easy-to-Follow Steps For Increasing Website Traffic
1. Optimize your website for search engines by using keywords and meta tags
2. Use social media platforms to promote your website and share content
3. Guest post on other blogs to reach new audiences and gain backlinks
4. Utilize email marketing to drive visitors back to your website
5. Create engaging and shareable content that people want to read and share
6. Incorporate visual elements such as images and videos to increase engagement
7. Write eye-catching headlines that entice people to click through to your website
8. Ensure your website is mobile-friendly to cater to the growing number of mobile users
9. Use internal linking to keep visitors on your website and encourage them to explore more pages
10. Collaborate with influencers or other websites in your niche to extend your reach and gain new visitors.
The other thing to keep in mind is that your growth will be exponential. The more views you get and the more influence, the easier it is to get even more views and even more influence. So don’t give up!